At Whole Foods Market we value the communities in which we do business; this is one of our Core Values! We are proud of our community involvement and relationships that we continue to make each month!
We give in a variety of ways we give to our local community:
- Gift card and product donations to non-profits (application + 501c3 documentation required)
- Food Bank donations – every day we donate safe and edible food from our shelves to local food pantries.
- On four (4) designated days throughout the year a total of 5% of the day’s net sales are donated to a non profit organization. Customers help support our selected organizations just by shopping on these 5% Days. We carefully select non profits – interested groups should send a letter of inquiry/interest with 501c3 letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donation at our Registers – Every month at our registers we feature a local non profit organization that customers can donate to at their point of purchase. (501c3 documentation required)
How to Apply For A Donation:
- Donation requests are accepted online only.
- You should complete the online application at least 45 days prior to the organization's event or creative deadline date.
- Important: As part of the process you will be asked to upload a copy of your group’s 501(c)3 letter from the IRS/US Treasury. This is required at time of submission. Please note that this is a federal letter and not the Tax Exempt Form from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Click here to apply online.
- Our store will contact the organization by phone or email regarding your donation (provided the application was complete, received at least 45 days in advance of event and with correct 501c3 tax documentation).
- We try to assist as many organizations as we can, but it isn’t always possible for us to grant every request as funding is limited.